Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated
Lambda Omega Omega Chapter
P.O. Box 778
Oakhurst, New Jersey 07755
2017 Scholarship Application
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated (AKA) is an international service organization founded on the
campus of Howard University in Washington, D.C.,1908. It is the oldest Greek-letter organization established
by African-American college educated women. Alpha Kappa Alpha is comprised of 280,000 members in
graduate and undergraduate chapters in the United States, the US Virgin Islands, the Bahamas, Canada Japan,
Korea, Germany, Liberia, South Africa, and Dubai.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
Academic achievement, honors received, extracurricular activities (both school and community), oral and
written communication skills, and financial need.
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. Submit a signed, completed application. Print clearly and be neat.
2. Submit three (3) letters of recommendation with your application. One must be from you high school guidance counselor.
3. An official high school transcript, including your SAT/ACT scores.
4. If SAT/ACT scores are not included on the transcript, a separate copy of your scores is required.
*However, those planning to attend community college (without SAT/ACT scores) are also encouraged to apply.
5. If you've already been accepted" a copy of the acceptance letter from the college/university you plan to attend, should be included.
6. A written essay stating why you feel you should be selected to receive this scholarship, the institution you will attend, how you will benefit from
it, and your future aspirations. The essay should not exceed one typewritten page.
7. A wallet-sized head shot photo of the student.
**All finalists will be invited to an interview with the Scholarship Committee on a date to be announced
THE ATTACHED APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED FULLY AND WITH ALL OTHER MATERIALS SUBMITTED/POSTMARKED BY Friday March 24, 2017
(DO NOT SEND VIA CERTIFIED MAIL)
ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA SORORITY,INC.
LAMBDA OMEGA OMEGA CHAPTER
P.O. BOX 778
OAKHURST, NJ 07755
Opportunities from state-level organizations
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest