American Legion Auxiliary will present (15) scholarships in the amount of $5,000 each in 2018. Three scholarships will be awarded in each of the five divisions of the American Legion Auxiliary. All are gift scholarships and not loans.
1. Candidates of this award shall be daughters, sons, grandsons, granddaughters, great-granddaughters, great-grandsons of veterans who served in the Armed Forces during specific dates of eligibility for membership in the American Legion (see application for dates).
2. Applicants must be in their senior year of high school.
3. This is a scholarship to attend an accredited institution of higher education.
4. Applicant must compete 50 hours of volunteer service within the community during his/her high school years. Hours must be verified in writing by the recipient organization(s).
5. Applicants must present the completed application to their local American Legion Auxiliary Unit President ON OR BEFORE MARCH 1, 2018
6. Judging, at all levels, shall be on the following basis:
a. Character/Leadership- 25%
b. Essay/Application - 25%
c. Financial Need - 25%
d. Academic Achievement - 25%
See attached application for more details.
Opportunities from state-level organizations
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:56 pm
- (52.1 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest